Solingen ClojureBridge Workshop
Jun 12 - June 13, 2015
This workshop will be in Solingen, Germany. We will use Clojure, a modern programming language running on the Java virtual machine, to introduce you to fundamental programming concepts.
We plan to have 40 attendees and more than 15 trainers. You will learn and practice in small groups of 2 to 4 attendees each. The workshop does not assume prior knowledge of programming concepts, but we are well prepared to support groups with more advanced knowledge.
To register, you must identify as a woman. Men, you are welcome to come if you find a woman who wants to learn Clojure who will register and bring you as a guest.
Additional Info You Should Know
In this workshop, we'll take you through building a sample app using Clojure. We'll meet up Friday late afternoon to install all of the software you need, and then spend Saturday learning and writing code. Each participant needs to bring her or his own computer with fairly recent Mac, Linux or Windows installation. If you have questions about your hardware, send an e.mail to one of the organizers before the event!
Sometimes people ask if the Friday night Installfest is mandatory, and yes, it is! It's a crucial part of the weekend, even if you’ve already gone through the instructions independently. There are a ton of moving parts when setting up a development environment, and the reason that we’re able to get through the curriculum on Saturday is that every single student has had their dev environment checked and has been awarded a sticker for their successes.
If you have questions or ideas for us, the best way to get in touch is to send an e-mail or tweet to the organizers. To receive updates you can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/ClojureBridgeDe
Food and Drinks
We'll have dinner and beverages on Friday evening, and breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Saturday. If you have any dietary restrictions, please note these when you register for the workshop.
The workshop is free, drinks and food will be for free thanks to our sponsors. We still have some seats left so please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
To enable us to provide an optimal workshop experience please include in your e-mail answers to the following questions:
- What's your full name?
- Do you want to bring a male guest with you? If yes, what's his name?
- Why do you want to participate in the workshop?
- Can you understand german well enough to follow the joint program?
- Do you prefer english or german in your practice group?
- How would you briefly describe your current computer programming or IT know how?
- Which operating system do you want to use in the workshop on your machine? If you bring a guest, what's the operating system he will be using?
- Are there any dietary restrictions for food and drinks?
- Do you have any need for child care? How many children would you bring? How old are they?
- Do you (or your guest) have any disabilities which we have to prepare for?
- Do you need financial support for train tickets to enable you to participate at all? (At the moment, we can't promise, but with enough sponsoring we might be able to help you.)
You can answer the questions in German or English.
Workshop Location: Merscheider Straße 3, 42699, Solingen, Germany
Register Now at Email FREE
Meet The Organizer
We are grateful for the involvement of Falko Riemenschneider, who will be your host for this workshop. Your host is available to answer any questions you might have before or during the workshop.